Proudly serving Rhode Island, our methadone clinics provide adults struggling with addiction the ability to recover from heroin, oxycodone, Percocet, and other opiates.
Benefits of Individual Therapy for Opioid Abuse
Before patients can experience lasting recovery from opioid addiction, they must receive treatment for the physical and emotional components of their addiction. To help accomplish this objective, Rhode Island Comprehensive Treatment Centers provide individuals with both medication-assisted treatment and therapeutic interventions.
Medication-assisted treatment helps patients avoid the physical discomforts that are often associated with opiate withdrawal, while also providing them with the mental clarity that is required to play an active and productive role in their recovery. Therapeutic interventions such as individual and group therapy are designed to help patients address the psychological aspects of their addiction in order to successfully progress toward a life without opioids.
Individual therapy sessions bring patients together with a qualified counselor in a safe and supportive environment where they can accomplish the following:
- Identify abusive or traumatic events that may have contributed to the development of their struggles with opioids
- Gain new insights into the underlying causes of addictive behaviors
- Develop new ways to handle stressful or overwhelming situations without resorting to opioid abuse
- Process accomplishments and/or setbacks that have occurred during the course of treatment in a healthy manner
- Discuss any questions or concerns that may arise throughout the course of treatment
- Determine healthy strategies in which to handle situations in which they may be tempted to abuse opioids
- Establish and evaluate progress toward personal objectives
Once a patient begins to understand why he or she abused opioids in the first place, he or she is better prepared to pursue a drug-free future. Individual therapy provides patients with the opportunity to safely process their behaviors and emotions with the assistance of a trained medical profession.
Individuals who incorporate the use of individual therapy into their treatment program often experience the following benefits:
- Increased self-confidence
- Improved self-esteem
- Reduction in levels of stress
- Enhanced self-awareness
Building a Foundation for Opioid Abuse Recovery
Please reach out to the compassionate team of experts at Rhode Island Comprehensive Treatment Centers today if you or someone that you love is battling an addiction to opioids. We are here to assist you in achieving the bright opioid-free future that you deserve.