At Discovery House Comprehensive Treatment Centers of Rhode Island, our commitment to quality service begins with the admissions/intake process.
The criteria and procedures described on this page are necessary to ensure that you receive the care that is best suited to your specific needs. In order to ensure that your admissions experience is as efficient and productive as possible, please carefully review the following information.
First, to be treated at Discovery House Comprehensive Treatment Centers of Rhode Island, you must meet the following three criteria:
- Be age 18 or older
- Live within 50 miles of our centers
- Be dependent on opioids for at least one year
Next, we will schedule your intake assessment. You must bring the following with you to your intake appointment:
- Valid photo ID (Driver’s license, state ID card, or passport).
- Proof of residence (utility bill or similar document).
- Payment for intake fee (via cash, money order, or cashier’s check). We do not accept personal checks or payment by phone. If you are paying for your treatment with Medicaid, Amerigroup, Sunflower, or United Health Care insurance, you will not need to pay this fee.
- Documentation of previous treatment, if you are transferring directly from another program.
Important Note: Unless you are pregnant, you must arrive to your intake appointment in a state of withdrawal, not having used opioids for 24 hours.
During your intake appointment, you will accomplish the following:
- Fill out paperwork
- Complete a physical examination with one of our doctors.
- Provide a urine sample for a drug screen.
- Take a TB test, unless you have proof of having had taken a TB test within the past two years.
- Take a pregnancy test (if you are female).
For pregnant patients only:
- You will also sign a release of information form so we can coordinate care with your OB/GYN.
- If you are not currently seeing an OB/GYN, one of our staff members can consult with you to provide referrals for prenatal care.
Please note that Discovery House Comprehensive Treatment Centers of Rhode Island cannot guarantee that you will receive medication on your first day. All medication decisions are made on a case-by-case basis by a member of our medical staff.
If you have questions or would like additional information about any aspect of care at Discovery House Comprehensive Treatment Centers of Rhode Island, please contact us at your convenience. We look forward to speaking with you and providing you with the information you need to make the best decision for your health and future.